InspiredBreathing.

In the beginning (or once upon a time) everything was new under the sun. Smitten - and bug-bitten, count me novice blogger. Love to write; love to interact with thoughtful others; especially eager to learn about the spirit of humanity at a crossroads that feels about as dangerous as ever I've seen ...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New River Valley, VA, United States

On the path of an antiracist life. Love the music of Sweet Honey in the Rock (so sad that Bernice Johnson Reagon retired from that precious ensemble - check her out at http://tinyurl.com/nfs3a)

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Mystic's Reassurance for Our Times

The roads are different,
but the goal is one.

When people reach the goal,
all those who yelled at each other along the road,
"You are wrong!" or "You are a blasphemer!"
forget all possible differences.

There, all hearts sing in unison.

- Rumi

-----

Surely my own passionate and righteous indignation
inflames others; they puff up and hurl epithets my way.

Then recoiling, holding myself tightly
and gathering new strength for taking next steps
I search inside for a lens with perspective
and remember, "love, forgiveness, gratitude."

But how to act on that? Figuring it out,
we'll save this beautiful planet for future generations.

1 Comments:

Blogger ruthrap said...

hello again, i too am one who basically says what's on my mind and believe me i have suffered some consequenses for it! but that won't change me! i believe strongly in the hope of a better tommorrow, but i don't believe much in worldly powers.
our God, and only He, has the power to bring about lasting change in people and in the world. He's changed my life and is changing my way of thinking. you seem like a very open-minded person and i know you like dogs! we have two dachshunds..one is all dackel (german for dachshund) and the other is a duke's mixture..their names are josie and kramer...have a good day, andrea and i'll visit you again soon!

7:43 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home