InspiredBreathing.

In the beginning (or once upon a time) everything was new under the sun. Smitten - and bug-bitten, count me novice blogger. Love to write; love to interact with thoughtful others; especially eager to learn about the spirit of humanity at a crossroads that feels about as dangerous as ever I've seen ...

My Photo
Name:
Location: New River Valley, VA, United States

On the path of an antiracist life. Love the music of Sweet Honey in the Rock (so sad that Bernice Johnson Reagon retired from that precious ensemble - check her out at http://tinyurl.com/nfs3a)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pushing Off from the Deep!

Andrea here, launching my first Blogger post.

Finding voice and making contact through these words, saying "Hello out there!"

Always thinking, sometimes a little cranky, enthusiastically searching for ways to participate now toward a tomorrow that breathes freely, deeply and without cost to myself or to others.

I'm a Nurse Psychotherapist - a wife - dwelling in Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Justice and antioppression are passions of mine, together with a longing belief that surely there's enough for everyone to be well, happy and peaceful. Too often I rail against the reality that presses my face to poverty, injustice and pestilence that our nation seems to grow in full bounty, and then to wield against those who modestly eke their daily fruits.

Listening to the words today of Hugo Chavez at the U.N., it's impossible to stifle my grinning agreement that our president surely appears as "the devil" who leaves the stench of sulfur where he walks. Only "the devil" would have the audacity to declare that others are "evil" and then decimate entire nations, espousing the delivery of democracy on platters of war.

Eternally hopeful for regime change from within our own wonderful nation, I believe as did Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., "We shall overcome because the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

Thanks for reading - I'm eager to have company on this journey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pastor Jeff said...

Well, seeing that you graciously read my blog, I read yours. Welcome to the blogosphere!

I have to say, we appear to be on very diffent ends of the spectrum. I will save my view of Chavez as a world leader. He needs Jesus Christ. I certainly don't buy into the whole "Bush is the devil" argument. But I'll save that for another time.

~Jeff

11:31 AM GMT-5  
Blogger ruthrap said...

i have an 84 year old friend who has a grandson and a son in Iraq....she would wholeheartedly agree with you about the pres. I try to steer clear of political opinions whenever possible, because they tend to arouse much fury amongst politically oriented people (of which I am not!) However, I welcome your blogsite..just happened to stumble on it tonite..hope you visit me!

10:47 PM GMT-5  
Blogger ruthrap said...

sorry about that..i guess you can call that a two for one comment!

10:50 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home